Much-Needed Getaway

 



I don't know about where you live and what you do, but this year for me it has been one heck of a busy year so far.  With COVID restrictions and all that comes with that, being a couple workers down from injuries, five guys doing the work of seven has made it where we are working our tails off every single day.

But today is the day I have been waiting for.  Today is Tuesday and it is the last day of the work week for me.  I have taken off the rest of the week for a much needed getaway.  Rendezvous in the Ozarks starts on Thursday and I am heading to Byrds Adventure Center in Oark, AR in the morning.  I will be working at, and camped in, the Artemis Booth all week and weekend.  I will be meeting up with old friends that I don't get to see much of during the year, and hopefully meeting new ones that will come around to visit.  It'll be a great time that I have been looking forward to all year.  The weather is supposed to be a wash out with rains coming Wednesday but ending Friday.  Saturday with a low of 46 and high of 61, it will truly be the most wonderful time of the year.  Seeing all the new gear, selling some of my own, and just hanging out with cool people who share my love and addiction to Overlanding will be the breath of fresh air I have needed for some time now.

Do you make time to get away?  Do you plan times when you can (even if you are working) get away from your normal every day life and seek something that is just a little different?  Something that you enjoy and love to be at or near?  It helps me.  It helps me tremendously to just take off and be in the wide open spaces with no schedule or around those who are telling me I have to be here or there.  It is a much needed getaway to help refuel my empty tanks and recharge my attitude toward life.

I hope that sometime soon, with the nice fall weather coming, that you are able to take a few days and get away.  I hope that you realize that all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  It also makes Jack hard to get along with, moody at times, and more than likely is shortening Jack's life with an unusual amount of stress.  Take that time and then pray that the time goes by slowly as our soul and body are healing on this much needed getaway.


Have a great week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Death Grip

Cancelling Rendezvous 2021?

Thieves